Do you currently have the right people on the bus? Are you concerned with building and keeping your bench for today and tomorrow? The tight labor market, especially in the Green Industry, means that we need to change our thinking and recruit from outside the industry. As a result of the challenging talent market, companies today are acquiring other companies for their human capital, or a trend called— Acqui-Hiring.
You will learn:
- How to increase your candidate pool by recruiting outside of industry or position restrictions using Behavioral Interviewing.
- We will review the intangibles and how important social capital (culture) is in improving employee engagement and candidate interest.
- Do you have the backup for key roles? Is the business too owner dependent, and do your people have a clear career path and runway?
- Compensation and Benefits — Pro’s and Con’s to Leading, on par, or lagging the market?
- Training and Development— How do we improve existing talent and make sure you meet their desire for continued learning?
This session will look at the ever-changing labor market and strategies you can take to build your human capital for today and tomorrow.
Building Your Bench: Recruiting, Motivating, and Retaining Talent in the Green Industry for Today and Tomorrow
Level of knowledge recommended for this session: